Thursday, October 24, 2013

Baby Gifts, Oh My!

So, my number one customer, Mom, had kept me on quite a roll with baby gifts lately.  Between her's, a new nephew, and a pregnant co-worker of my husband, that's about all I have managed to do in between the projects for myself.

Boys....

So, I have been loving fun little applique onesies for baby boys lately!  A while back I bought a ton of white onesies with a completely different project in mind.  That never quite got off the ground, so I love being able to use up these and some cute scraps I have laying around. 
 
I start by creating a basic shape - an elephant here - and cutting it out.  I then iron some stabilizer behind it and sew around the outline of the image. 

 
 
It takes a little time and attention, but over all it's super easy and they turn out pretty cute.  I just leave the edges of the image raw as it looks cool when it unravels a bit in the wash. 












Paired with the Basic Baby Pant from Made-by-Rae with a cuff around the bottom, they are simply darling!
 
 
Girls...
I have also had some cute little girl gifts on my cutting table lately. 
 
Here we have the reversible wrap top from Craftiness is not Optional.  I wish I could find the original link as it had a free pattern, but I can't for the life of me.  So if you want it, you'll have to hunt her website. 
 
This one was a special for my mom since she LOVES all things reversible!  It was quick and easy and, I think, cute. The material is quilting material from JoAnn's and the leggings are self-drafted (yes, I just said that) from a plain knit also from JoAnn's.  I'm looking forward to making one for the little missy as soon as I am allowed to sew for my own family again. :)
 
 
 
And how about this Punk Rock Baby outfit?!  This is the awesome Maggie Mae Pattern from Shwin & Shwin.  I have made a ton (probably 5), but this could be my favorite so far.  It was for a co-worker of my husband who is into punk and super-cool and for whom an ordinary baby gift just wouldn't do.  I feel so lucky that I can now envision sometime like this and make it happen! 

If any of you are looking for some custom baby clothes, feel free to check out my Etsy page.  Some of the things here are listed, but there is also a listing for a custom order.  I like nothing more than having a special request or theme to work with, so feel free to challenge me!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment